The LSSICE applies to any kind of file or device that is downloaded in the terminal equipment of a user in order to store data that may be updated and recovered by the entity responsible for its installation.A cookie is one of those generalized use files to which we will geneically call cookies.
Cookies are small text files sent to a browser from a web server to record user activity on a website so that that information can be recovered later during navigation through the different pages that are connectedto the server that settled them.
Cookies usually store technical information, personal preferences, content customization, use statistics, social networks links, access to user accounts, etc.
Types of cookies
Next, a classification of cookies is carried out based on a series of categories.However, it is necessary to take into account that the same cookie can be included in more than one category.
According to the entity that manages them
- own cookies: are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a equipment or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- third-party cookies: are those that are sent to the user's terminal team from a equipment or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that deals with the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a equipment or domain managed by the editor itself, but the information that is collected through these is managed by a third party, are not considered their own cookies.
Depending on the time they remain activated
Depending on the period of time that remain activated in the terminal team we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user access a web page.They are usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on one occasion (eg a list of acquired products).
- persistent cookies: are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and treated during a period defined by the head of the cookie, and that can go from a few minutes toseveral years.
According to its purpose
According to the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are treated, we can distinguish between:
- Technical Cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it such as, for example, control traffic andData communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that integrate an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during theNavigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: are those that allow the user to access the service with some generally predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal such as the language, the type of browserThrough which it access the service, the regional configuration from where it access to the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: are those that allow the person responsible for them, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked.The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements inFunction of the analysis of the use data made by service users.
- Advertising cookies: are those that allow management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a website, application or platform from which it providesThe service requested based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: are those that allow management, in the most effective way possible, of advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a website, application or platform from thethat provides the requested service.These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continued observation of their navigation habits, which allows to develop a specific profile to show advertising depending on it.
How to deactivate cookies in the main web browsers
What happens if cookies are not accepted
Cookies rejection can prevent access to custom content and services.
Updates and modifications in cookies policy
Blanes Lawyers can modify this cookies policy based on the legislative, regulatory demands, in order to adapt said policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Agency for Data Protection, for technical or reorganization of the web;That is why we advise you to visit it periodically.